Story reading with my brother

 I walked towards my table drinking my milk. I like plain milk the most and you? I then looked out. The stars were shining.  Sky’s were dark blue as I finished my milk. Milk comes from cows and even milk comes from camels! I took Floppy and kept him on the bed. I then waited for my brother to finish his milk. When he finished, we went and took a book. It was named “ The  magical Swan ” It was a story about swans.



I opened the  book as

I read it loud for my little brother. “The magical Swan


Once upon a time in a village, there lived a farmer. He had a small piece of land


which was hardly capable of growing anything. Therefore the farmer could earn


very little from his land.


However, the farmer had a swan. It was a very beautiful swan and it was


precious to the farmer. Because, every day at dawn the swan would lay one


golden egg. The farmer would then take the golden egg to the jeweller and earn


some money. It was enough for him to be able to live comfortably.


 


 


But the farmer was greedy. “This swan lays only one egg every day. At this rate


I shall never be able to become rich,” he thought. “What if I kill the swan and


take out all the golden eggs from its stomach. That way I will become rich


overnight.”


 


He began to dream about a big house and servants attending on him. He dreamt


all night. In the morning, he took his sickle and went to the swan. He grabbed


the bird by the neck and slit its throat. When the swan was dead he cut open its


stomach and he could not believe his own eyes.


There was no egg inside the swan’s stomach. Not a single egg! The farmer cried


bitter tears. In his greed he had ended his only”


 


 My brother was already asleep! I closed  the book and gently hugged my brother as he hugged me. Good night  Everyone........maybe the one who is reading this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog