Marble Factory & Wonderland
Today
is 8th of January. I woke up late as it was Saturday, as it was
winters in Dubai it was still cold outdoors. I could feel the cold in my legs
and hands.
After
bushing my teeth, I settled to have hot chai and my breakfast, this felt so
good in the winters. Moms breakfast in fact super tasty and filling.
After
a healthy breakfast I shifted to reading my books, that was when my brother
woke up. I went and attended him, he looked so cute coming out of his bed with
his messy hair. I helped him clean and brush himself up.
Once
he completed his breakfast we both got together and stated playing.
It
was only when dad arrived for his lunch that we realized that the time rolled.
I quickly went back to reading my book as I didn’t want my dad to feel I was
playing for long. He however went to his room changed and got ready for his
lunch.
I
had started to feel hungry too, therefore I asked mom to serve me lunch too. I
ate the yummy meal and lingered around him. He had started to know the reason
and asked me to slowly dress up. It’s just amazing how my DAD understands my
thoughts.
Without
wasting my much time I dressed up and slowly sneaked out of the home with dad,
I didn’t want my brother to notice us. As it was cold outdoors we didn’t take
him along these days.
The
car had started again- I loved the ROAR as my new journey started.
After
driving through smaller roads we reached the highway. The car had gathered
speed and the sights were wonderful. There were large spans of desert on the
way, we could see few building on the way. As the route was new I asked my dad,
where we were heading. He kept saying it’s a surprise.
When
the car final came to a halt and I got out, I saw that we had reached Marble
factory. We had reached Sharjah Industrial Area! I was surprised and asked him why we were
there. It was then that he told me that my grandfather owned a similar factory
in cochin and that he wanted me to know about the it.
We
entered the compound and saw a small office there, my dad entered it and I
followed. He had some work there and therefore started his discussion. I had
started to get bored and asked him if I could go around the factory. The owner
was happy and he send his staff to accompany me around the premise. I saw large
machines cutting the marble slabs and polishing them. It was a worthwhile visit
and I decided that I had to view my grandfather’s business back in india.
My
dad had completed the discussion and was waiting for me by the time I returned,
I was very happy and thanked the owner for letting us visit his factory. He
smiled and said “Anytime Beta, your father is good friend of mine and I have
known him before you were born”. He
offered me cookies and chai, and I enjoyed them.
We
waved him bye and headed back to the car. In the car I asked my dad “Is this
the surprise you promised”, He replied “No”, there is more.
The
car headed back to Dubai and we again passed vast spans of desert as it moved.
Familiar
views caught my eye, after a while and realized that we were in Dubai. The car
came to a halt a very familiar spot “The Last Exit”. We had been here many
times, I wondered what was exciting here.
As
we exited the car and started moving towards the mall, I realized that whole
place had changed with a theme of “Alice in Wonderland”. There were mushrooms
and sunflowers everywhere- I was excited.
Once
inside the mall I saw activity areas for painting and craft, I was drawn
towards it. There was a board outside which clearly indicated that we needed to
make a purchase of minimum 50 Aed anywhere in the premise to enter. While my
dad thought about the same, I suggested that we do our weekly grocery shopping
there. He offered me a deal- I was to select the most necessary grocery items
and get the bill to Aed 50.
“Challenge
Accepted” I said and dashed towards the supermarket. I started to get items,
however it wasn’t as easy I thought!! The prices had fils in it. I was used to
only whole number additions and didn’t know how to work with decimal points. I
started to lose hope, however my dad stepped in and assisted.
Finally,
with all things in the cart we reached the cashier, this was the finish line!!
I just prayed that we managed Aed 50. My dad had a grin on his face seeing me
tense. All the hard work could be gone, if we hadn’t made it to the required
amount. As the cashier scanned each item my heart beat faster. With one item to
be scanned we were at 47.50 Aed and the item left was 1 can of Milk. I jumped
with joy as I released that I had got the total to Aed 50! My smile was so wide
that the cashier was amused.
We
rushed to the activity area and gave our bill to a girl. I was allowed to go
in!!!!!!! I made a butterfly using different colors and stickers , and it
turned to be a beautiful and colourful. I felt soo happy!!
Once
done we headed to other parts of the malls, as there were fairs, shows and
parade going on. We first went to show area, there was a quiz going on and we
wanted to participate, but the breeze made us cold “Pheeeeeeeeeeeeeew shew, the
wind blew!” I shivered. I requested dad we head back to the mall. Once inside, it
made me warm. My dad however headed back to his car got our sweaters, wearing it,
feeling warmer we went outdoors again.
Stepping
out we went around taking photos, these were our memories of the place. It was
then that I heard a sound “ La, La, Tun, tun, tun.. from behind us ………………… It
was the character parade. It was beautiful as it had characters from the novel
“Alice in Wonderland”.I was so amused that I followed it into the mall. Once
inside the group started to dance on a beautiful song, I was Dumbstruck!! I was
taken back into time and into the novel. It felt as if I had turned into a
character in the novel. Only when my dad touched my back did I realize that I
was in the mall. I smiled and felt shy. It had been a great experience visiting
here, I thought.
While
leaving I saw there was movie playing in an open air theatre, I was excited and
requested if I could watch the move. He glanced at this watch, it was already
late and the next movie was scheduled only for 8.00 pm.” It will be too late
dear” he said, “Maybe another day!!” he replied. I agreed, it was indeed late
and we had to head home.
We
slowly started to move towards our car, the entire day’s memories flashed in my
mind. It was indeed an amazing day and I loved every bit of it. I decided that
I will record it on my blog to revisit the experience again.
Once
in the car, we had croissants and chocolate milk we got from the grocery, it
was indeed tasting good after a long day of walking. The drive back home was
short as usual (or at least I felt so!!).
Reaching
home, I completed my warm water bath and recounted days’ adventure to my mom,
grandmother and brother. They were so amused that they felt depressed that
they missed out. I replied to them smiling “Don’t worry, you will be with us on
our next adventure trip, but be ready to walk”.
I quickly brushed my teeth and jumped on the bed with Floppy. My dream
was surely going to be a trip to wonderland with Floppy!!
Comments
Post a Comment