Winter excitement begins
Winter excitement begins
December 3 3-12-2020
It was last
week of November and I was very excited as winter was approaching, it was also
the time of long weekend holidays because of UAE national day and Martyrs day.
This year we
had 5-day holiday and as it was COVID-19, we could not plan any trip outside UAE. We therefore
decided to have a good time staying in
UAE. For the initial 2 days I enjoyed
playing with my brother. I started to get bored after that and I hinted it to
my dad.
It was
finally Thursday, 3rd day of vacation . My dad was at his friend’s
house working on his project, he came home at 2:00 in the afternoon with something
was in his hands. I was excited to know what it was but could not ask him as he
promptly went to his room. He came back from the room with a book in his hand. My joy knew no
bounds, I took the book and immediately started to read it. It was a story
about dinosaurs, and I enjoyed it.
After lunch I
heard those sweet words, “Get ready Cookie ”, I was so excited for my next trip.
I and my brother got ready instantly .
I did not know
where my destination was, but our car passed Dragon Mart, Dubai Mall and came to a halt at City Walk. I was very
excited as I had heard about this mall from my friends. I quickly got out of
the car and headed towards the mall with my brother closely following me. This mall
was different from others as it had lots of open areas and interconnecting streets.
We walked through the spaces and my dad clicked many photos at building artwork
areas.
We came back
to the central court at 5.00 pm for the Fareej Show, we were excited to see the
characters take the stage. The show was in Arabic, but we got hints that there
was competition open for the kids. All they had to do to throw the
balls into a boiling pot of water.
If we win round 1, we get a small gift, in round 2 we get 2 movie tickets and
in round 3 we get 2 green planet tickets. We eagerly waited for the anchor to
choose us, unfortunately it did not happen. We therefore decided to move to new
location as we were hungry too.
We decided to
drive towards Jumeirah beach to view the festivities, people had turned in huge
number to catch the sunset and fireworks. We stayed for a while playing on the
beach, me and my brother had good time splashing the water around after a long
time.
By then our
tummy started to growl and we told our dad that we were hungry. We headed back
to our car and started our journey.
While driving
our dad sang the nursery rhyme “Do you like pizza?” My brother said “Yes”. He
then asked, “Do u like Nutella?” and my brother replied “Yes”. He then asked, “Do
you like Nutella Pizza??” to which he said “No!! Yucky!!”. My Dad just smiled.
He then
played the same game with me and I was surprised, “ Why is he playing that game
with me??”. I am too old for nursery rhyme, but I replied the same way as my
brother. My dad gave out a loud laugh.
By then the
car came to screeching halt in front of “Broccoli, pizza and pasta”. I was excited but I smelled something fishy.
As soon as we
got in, he went to the cashier and ordered loudly “ 1 Nutella Pizza for me,
Please” My kids don’t like it you see. Me and my brother looked at each other
hungry, puzzled and rattled. Once the pizza came, we released our blunder, there
was indeed “Nutella Pizza”!!
Once on the
table the delicious scent filled our nostrils, we quickly opened the pack and
started to take our share of pizza. When I was about to take my share ,my dad queried ”You
told Nutella pizza was yucky “.Me and my brother laughed and said ‘’NOOOOO!!! We said Nutella pizza is Yummmmmmyy
’’ . My dad gave out a wide laugh and
watched us eat.
After eating
we drove back home and narrated the days event to my mom and grandmother,
everyone had a mighty laugh. We all were happy as we had a great day!
At night, my dad gave me 30 mins to play my
favorite Mario game, I finished it and went to sleep hoping to have some sweet
dream of snow and Santa.

Comments
Post a Comment