An outing during weekend with my dad

 23 -11-2020


It was Saturday. I was bored sitting at home, watching TV. That is when my mom’s phone rang, I jumped and picked it up It was dad. He said “Get ready Cookie, I have a site to visit near Jumeirah. Do you want to join me for a ride?” I quickly dressed up. I slowly slip out of the house, but my brother noticed and started to cry as he wanted to join us. However, as he was small, we have leave without him. 

We did not plan anything, just went in the car and followed the way to Jumeirah. At first my dad said “I have to go to a site. Will you stay alone in the car? I will buy you fish curry and rice.”  I really wanted to eat the delicious fish curry and rice, so I said “Ok”. My dad took 11 mins to reach I was scared and began to cry.  I was happy when I saw him coming, he consoled me, and we went to eat fish curry and rice. The restaurant was besides a wharf where we saw many boats and jet skis docked. Ducks and seagulls were playing in the water and I was amused. I also saw many people trying their luck in fishing. We finished the delicious meal at the restaurant and decide to move. 

We exited the restaurant and rode along the beach road. The road showed directions to Palm Jumeriah and we decided to visit Nakheel mall. After parking the car and upon entering the mall, we saw a sign that said, “Free bus ride to Pointe mall, leave your car here and enjoy the ride!”. We were excited!!   We ran to the security and asked, “When will the bus leave for Pointe Mall?”. The security said “At 5:00”. It was only 2:30, so we had over 2 hours to spare. We decided to explore the mall and the surroundings. 

While walking through the mall we saw signs for Etihad Park, my eyes twinkled, and I told my dad that I wanted to visit the park. He happily agreed and we moved to the park. It was a large park below the monorail that connected to Atlantis.

I enjoyed in the park. and played on swings, slides and the sand pit. My dad took my photos on the bridge and water ponds. While walking I saw 2 dogs, one big called “Jack” and the other small “Lily”. I patted the dogs and went back to playing. 

After some time, I began to feel thirsty, so we brought some juice and continued playing. It was then that it stuck us that we were probably late for the bus, so we quickly moved towards the bus pickup point. On the way I saw some nice clothes and was excited to try them. I told my dad that he should buy them for me. We went to the store and tried many dresses. There was so many in different colors like pink, yellow, blue, red, purple and grey. I really liked the grey and blue t-shirts and therefore we bought them and rushed towards the pickup point. We were late and so could not buy t shirts for my dad. We quickly hopped on the bus and which took us to the Pointe mall. 

There we were greeted with a huge plaza was a beach! I was thrilled and ran to the beach. There I played in sand and water. My dad took many pictures of me playing and I enjoyed it. We watched the sun set at the beach in the back drop of Atlantis.

 My tummy started to growl by then as I was very hungry. We looked for restaurants and cafes to have some food. It was then that I saw Mc Donald’s, its was one of my favorite and so we decided to go there.

My dad said he was not hungry, so I ordered for my favorite Kiddie meal. I enjoyed the burger and the fries that came along and proceeded to open the toy I got as gift. I was surprised as the gift turned to be a minion, one of my mom’s favorite cartoon characters.

After the dinner we proceeded to watch the fountains, it was a through delight. The light, sound and water seemed to create magic in the waters. I was wonderstruck and amazed!! We loved every bit of it. Our day had ended well in fact. We decided to take the bus back to Nakheel mall. 

Once at Nakheel mall we went to our parking, spotted our car and drove it out towards our home. It was a long unplanned day of surprises and we both enjoyed it well. Reaching home, I shared the toy with my brother. I handed it over to my mom once we finished playing with it, she kept it in a safe place.

It was one of the best days and I wish there are many more such ones!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog